Latest Published Research of Note:
- Compilation of Case Studies and Case Reports in Cannabis Research, 1970 – present (International Association For Cannabis As Medecine)
- May 2008 - Pot Eases Neuropathic Pain (Vancouver Sun)
- April 2008 - Vaporization as a Smokeless Cannabis Delivery System: a Pilot Study (Clinical Pharmacological Therapeutics)
- April 2008 - Clinical Endocannibinoid Deficiency (CECD) as a Possible Explanation for the Benefits of Cannabis in the Treatment of Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and other Treatment Resistant Conditions (Neuro Endocrinology Letters)
- Jan 2008 - Cannabinoids Found to be Associated with Anti-Carcinogenic Effects (www.Salem-News.com)
- Dec 2007 - Active Ingredients in Marijuana Found to Slow Invasion by Cervical and Lung Cancer Cells (www.webmd.com)
- Marijuana helps ease HIV nerve pain, CBC News, February 12, 2007
's active chemical may be Alzheimer's fighter, The Ottawa
Citizen, October 9, 2006
- Medical Marijuana Boosts Hepatitis C Treatment in New Study, Sept. 12, 2006 ( full text of study PDF)
- Study Finds No Cancer, Marijuana Connection, Washington Post, Fri, 26 May 2006 (full text of study PDF)
- A joint study with the Vancouver Island Compassion Society, the BCCCS, UBC/UVic: Survey of medicinal cannabis use among childbearing women: Patterns of use in pregnancy and retroactive self-assessment of its efficacy against 'moring sickness' " (Westfall, Janssen, Lucas, Capler 2006)Complimentary Therapies in Clinical Practice (PDF)
- Cannabinoids in medicine: A review of their therapeutic potential , (PDF) Journal of Ethnopharmacology, Feb 2006.
- Marijuana less cancerous than tobacco , WASHINGTON, Oct. 17, 2005 (UPI)
- Patients with inflammatory bowel disease may benefit from cannabis-based drugs, UK scientists, 31 July 2005
- Israeli researcher develops cannabis compound with unique anti-cancer action, June 12, 2005
Use in Adolescence: Self-Medication for Anxiety, Tom
O'Connell, M.D., Fri, 01 Apr 2005
- Alliance for Cannabis Therapeutics - Information about medical uses of marijuana, clinical studies, political action, and legal cases.
- Americans for Safe Access - Americans for Safe Access has collected some of the most relevant international research into cannabinoids and the therapeutic use of cannabis. This research includes peer-reviewed and published studies, as well as some of the most extensive government examinations into cannabis safety and its potential as a therapeutic agent.
- Canadians for Safe Access - Research page
- Cannabis Research Library
- Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research (CMCR)
Association for Cannabis as Medicine (IACM) - clinical
studies with cannabis or single cannabinoids in different
diseases and case reports on the use of cannabis by patients.
You may search for diseases (indications), authors, medication, study design (controlled study, open trial, case report etc.) and other criteria.
- International Cannabinoid Research Society - The ICRS is a non-profit society dedicated to research in all fields relating to the Cannabinoids.
- Medline Database - PubMed -Biomedical journal literature from the US National Library of Medicine and the National Institute of Health.
- Medical Marijuana Information Resource Centre - a guide for patients and health care professionals
for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) - Marijuana Research
- Rx Marijuana - Lester Grinspoons's site. a place to learn about patients' experiences with medical marijuana
- Tod H. Mikuriya, M.D. - Dr. Mikuriya is one of the world's foremost authorities on the uses of medical cannabis.